January 11, 2007

Music Video: Strangers In the Night

"Strangers In the Night" is one of my favorite songs ever.
The song was originally written by Ivo Robić and then re-arranged for Frank Sinatra by one of the European kings of laid back orchestral easy listening (and I mean that in the most positive of ways!) Bert Kaempfert.
(The English lyrics were written by Charles Singleton and Eddie Snyder.)

I have a dozen of Herr Kaempfert's records. At least 2 of them has instrumental versions of the song.
Here is a wonderful clip of Bert Kaempfert and his Orchestra doing the song with the talanted and beautiful Swedish singer Sylvia Vrethammar. I think this show was recorded in 1979. Enjoy!

The clip was originally uploaded by operationuranus

(Note: I posted a video earlier on here at Martin Klasch In which you could enjoy Sylvia sing with Sivuca and Toots Thielemans)

/Z aka mrdantefontana