When in Berlin...

Does anyone have some interesting suggestions to share on what to see, do, eat, drink etc in Berlin? Perhaps you know of an odd little museum, a nice restaurant or bar with an intact interior from olden days or just a special district or block with a special atmosphere? I'd love to hear about that. I'll be going this Sunday and I'll be there until Friday. Thanks in advance.

PS I'm not into foamy leather or rubber discos with strobe lights. They hurt my eyes.
Schlesisches Tor from "The Quiller Memorandum" (1966)


Martin Riemer said...

would you like to have a walk on the closed airport-field Tempelhof, now being a parc?
I live in this neighborhood, an I am a liker of your blog since years. So, you're welcome.


Martin Riemer

Gemma said...

I think you would enjoy http://www.museumderdinge.de/
translation - "Museum of things". It's one of my favorites.
I also think you would appreciate Kino International on Karl-Marx-Allee.

Have fun in my home town.

P-E Fronning said...

Martin & Gemma: Sie kennen mich so gut, dass es beängstigend ist. Vielen Dank für Ihre super Vorschläge.

Johan Urban said...

You should try "Absinthe Depot Berlin"


P-E Fronning said...

Tack, Johan, det kan hända att jag slukar den gröna demonen :)

Johan Urban said...

Tror att du kommer att gilla lokalen också, mycket genuin feeling

P-E Fronning said...

Martin: I only got to see Tempelhof passing by in the car, but I'll sure try to get closer next time.

Gemma: Museum der Dinge was a real gem! Thanks so much for this suggestion!

Johan: Absinthe Depot did have a nice feeling to it. Luckily I didn't get hooked on the green demon. However, once in a while, why not? :)