October 12, 2005

I Played With Dolls

I had probably just about forgotten about it, and then it all came to me. With it a strong urge to go to some meeting and purge myself - "My name is P-E Fronning and I play with dolls". Well, I don't actually, anymore. But I used to. Big Jim was his name. I really longed for the soldier type doll like Action Man, but what I got was Big Jim - a muscular, handsome man in his prime who would do a karate chop when you pushed the button on his back. Of course I didn't reflect on it then but I get a lot of gay vibes from Big Jim and his friend Josh. I don't know. Anyway, I had a lot of fun playing with my doll. I had a gorilla and a net catapult to catch it with and a van for cruising. There was also a camping set so you could make your own grub. Ah, and then I got a second doll and I just can't remember his name. He was a sailor/pirate who had lost one arm to a shark; so now he had a metal/wooden arm that you pushed inwards to shoot it out with a fierce and lethal force (see update!). Ok, I've come clean; what do you have to confess?


Big Jim in Wikipedia


The Big Encyclopedia of Big Jim


UPDATE
Meet Torpedo Fist: